Irish Driving Test Questions and Answers
Some of the Driving Test Questions available that you have to need to know before you drive a car.
1. When can you overtake on the left?
2. At a junction with roads of equal importance, to who should you give way?
3. At a STOP sign that has no white line, where would you stop?
4. What position would you take up for a right turn in a one-way street?
5. How would you know a zebra crossing at night?
6. What does the island in the center of a pedestrian crossing mean?
7. Name the restrictions in relation to the use of the horn?
8. When driving at night when should you dip your headlights?
9. What should you do if dazzled by lights of an oncoming vehicle?
10. What is a clearway?
11. What does a broken yellow line mean?
12. What does a single yellow line mean?
13. What does a double yellow line mean?
14. What is the legal parking distance from the curb?
15. How close to a junction can you park?
16. Where should you not park?
17. Where should you not overtake?
18. What is the safe distance to drive from the car in front?
19. If you saw a red triangle on the road, what would it mean?
20. At a junction when traffic lights are not working, to whom should you give way?
21. What does an amber traffic light mean?
22. Name three people in authority for whom you must stop?
23. Describe the road markings for No Entry?
24. When can you cross a continuous white line?
25. What is the National speed limit; Motorway limit; Minimum tire depth?
26. What rules apply to a box junction?
27. If there are two parallel white lines in the center of the road, one continuous, one broken, which one would you obey?
28. What do two parallel broken white lines in the center of the road mean?
29. What does a broken white line in the center of the road mean?
30. What do white horizontal lines in the center of the road mean?
31. Why is a STOP sign octagonal and a YIELD sign triangular (inverted)?
When the driver in front of you is turning right when you intend to turn left when the vehicles in the lane on your right are moving slowly.
Why you will have need Driving Test Questions
2. Traffic on the right and traffic already turning.
3. At the STOP sign.
4. The extreme right-hand lane
5.By the yellow flashing beacons.
6. Each side of the island is a separate crossing
7. It must not be used between the hours of 11.30pm and 7.00am in a built-up area, except in an emergency.
8. (a) When meeting oncoming traffic
(b) When following close behind another vehicle
(c) On continuously lit roads
(d) At the beginning and end of lighting-up hours
(e) In fog or snow
9. Slow down or stop if necessary.
10. Stopping and parking prohibited (except by buses or taxis) for a period indicated on the sign.
11. A broken yellow line marks the edge of the road (also known as a hard shoulder)
12. No parking at certain times (generally during working hours)
13.No parking at any time.
14. Half a meter
15. 5 meters
16. Near a bend, the brow of a hill, a humpback bridge, at a continuous white line, where your vehicle would obstruct a sign, at an entrance, at a bus stop, opposite another vehicle on a narrow road or at a taxi rank.
17. At a bend, a junction, a brow of a hill, a humpback bridge, at a continuous white line or anywhere your view of oncoming traffic is restricted.
18. Allow 1 meter for each mph and double if the surface is wet or observe the “two-second rule”.
19. That there is an obstruction or a breakdown ahead.
20. Traffic on the right and traffic already turning.
21. Stop unless you are too close to stop safely behind the white lines.
22. A Garda, a school warden or a person in charge of animals.
23. A continuous white line with a broken white line behind it.
24. To avoid an obstruction, for access, or if there is a broken white line on your side of the continuous white line.
25. (a) 100 km/ph , (b) 120 km/ph (c) 1.6mm
26. You must not enter unless your way ahead is clear with the exception of turning right. When you can enter and wait in the box if you are not obstructing other traffic.
27. You obey the line on your side of the road.
28. There will be one or two continuous white lines ahead.
29. You may overtake if safe to do so.
30. Treat them like a traffic island. You do not enter.
31. To recognize them in snow conditions